Welcome to our Nursery page.
The Nursery team are:
This page will be regularly updated with useful information and photographs. If there is anything that you would like to see included on our Nursery page, just let a member of staff know.
The Nursery doors open at 8.55. The register will be taken at 9am so please ensure your children are in on time.
The Nursery finishes at 12.00 so please make sure you are at the gate in time for pick up.
Stay and Play
On alternate Fridays, you can come and spend some quality play time with your child. It's a great chance to see what your child has been doing and to speak to the staff. If there are some activities that you would like to see then please speak to a member of staff.
Our topic for this half term is 'Marvellous Me!"
The children will be learning about how special and unique they are. They will be getting to know their new friends too.
They will explore this topic through all of the areas of learning:
Personal, social and emotional development
Communication and language
Understanding the world
Expressive arts and design
The fundamental British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs are already implicitly embedded in the 2014 Early Years Foundation Stage.
In the Nursery we strive to set the foundations of the fundamental British values in way that is relevant to their age and stage of development.
• We teach children to be kind, helpful and respectful of others;
• We teach children about the world around them and use the seasons, weather, British special days, e.t.c. to plan meaningful learning experiences;
• We teach children to be part of their local community;
• We plan to celebrate festivals and mark special days from the world around us;
• We teach the children about compromise – that some of us believe one thing… some of us believe something totally different… but we can all play together in the same classroom and respect each other;
• We teach children to work together – we provide them with projects that involve everyone in the provision and we plan group times, where children learn to listen, take turns and value contributions from others.
• We teach children about the world in which they live – the world on their doorstep and the wider world – through books, posters, planned activities, resources, outings and much more;
• We teach children to listen and respect others.