This week we are going to concentrate on one technique that was used in Aboriginal art, crosshatching. You are also going to learn about the importance of Dreamtime stories and how they influenced the art.
Follow the steps below -
- Read the information on the presentation.
- Choose an animal to draw or paint - a wombat, kangaroo or an emu (There are pictures of these on the picture cards downloaded below).
- Draw the outline (there are outline cards included below to help you)
- Look at the technique cards downloaded below, these show you examples of crosshatching. Have a go at copying these.
- Use crosshatching to fill in your outline.
- Share your artwork with me.